The wireless setup for Canon Pixma iX6820 printer on Windows and Mac devices.
Steps to Setup Canon Pixma iX6820 Wireless Printer on Windows
• To begin, turn on your Canon Pixma iX6820 printer and make sure your Windows PC is turned on as well.
• Now, follow the procedures in the preceding section to connect your printer to your Wi-Fi router.
• Now go to the Canon website and download the printer driver, then follow the on-screen directions to finish the installation.
• After installing the driver on a Windows PC, go to the “Control Panel.”
• Select “Devices and Printers” from the drop-down menu.
• Click over the option “Add a printer” .
• On the screen, a list of available printers appears.
• Click next after selecting your printer model number.
• Your printer has now been added to your Windows computer.
Steps to Setup Canon Pixma iX6820 Printer in WiFi
The printer must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the PC to work wirelessly. So, let’s take a look at the requirements for setting up Canon Pixma iX6820 printers over WiFi.
- Physical WPS push buttons should be present on the printer access point.
- The Wi-Fi Protected Access or WPA2 security protocol must be used by the user’s network.
How to connect a wireless network to a Canon Pixma iX6820 printer
• Ensure your printer is turned on first.
• Then, in front of the printer, press and hold the Wi-Fi button.
• Hold the Wi-Fi button down until the white power indicator blinks once, then let go.
• Reach the access point and push the WPS button within 2 minutes after the button goes blue.
• The blue light on the printer will stop blinking and remain on once it has established a successful connection to your wireless network.
Steps for Canon Pixma iX6820 Wireless Printer Setup on MAC
• Turn on your Mac, printer, and Wi-Fi first.
• Then, to connect the Canon Pixma iX6820 printer to your Wi-Fi network, follow the instructions in the first section of this article.
• Printer driver needs to be downloaded and installed .
• Choose the “Wireless Setup Options” option when setting the driver and follow the on-screen instructions.
• Once the installation is complete, go to the “Apple menu” and pick “System and Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
• Open the option “Printer and Scanners”.
• To add a printer, click the plus button.
• Select your Canon printer from the list of printers provided and click the “Add” button.
• Finally, a Mac was used to setup Canon Pixma iX6820 Wireless Printer.
Frequently Asked Question
How to Reset Canon Pixma IX6820 Printer
• This reset is possible with the help of the printer’s control panel.
• This resets all printer settings to their defaults.
• To do a hard reset, disconnect the printer power cable from the power supply.
• Now, disconnect the Ethernet cable from the printer (if any connected)
• After that, wait 1 minute before reconnecting the printer cable to the power cord.
• When you turn on the printer, all of the settings are restored.
• If you wish to do it using the Control Panel, go to the Setup menu and select Device settings.
• Select Reset Settings and press OK.
How Do I Connect My Canon Pixma IX6820 Printer to My Computer?
To begin, ensure that the printer’s hardware configuration is complete. Turn on your printer as well as your Windows PC. Then, on the manufacturer’s website, download the most recent version of the driver. Once the download is complete, double-click the software package to begin installation and continue to follow the on-screen instructions. Now, connect your printer and PC using a USB wire. When prompted during the installation procedure, select the USB connection type and connect your printer and computer. Once the connection is established, do a print test to ensure that everything is working properly.
How to Troubleshoot Canon Pixma ix6820 Wi-Fi Not Connecting
• Your printer may not connect to Wi-Fi due to network configuration issues, a weak signal, or incorrect router settings.
• To begin, ensure that the printer is in a ready state.
• Check to see if the Wi-Fi lamp is turned on. If the lamp is not turned on, press and hold the Resume/Cancel button until the Power lamp flashes 10 times.
• If you’re using the Canon IJ Network Tool, go to the Update tab and see if the printer’s name appears.
• Check that the network settings on the Canon Pixma iX6820 are the same as those on the access point.
• When multiple networks use the same Wi-Fi channel, the signal strength may deteriorate.
• Navigate to the router’s web setup page and utilize the configuration menu to change the channel.