When it comes to the most common technical issues with HP printers, the HP printer not printing is certainly one of them.The reason behind it can be a really big one sometimes and can a simple one as well. The issues like lack of ink, paper jamming, missing drivers, outdated drivers, and faulty drivers are some of the most common reasons why you HP printer won’t print.
We have given the solution for this problem but it is not limited to HP alone. These solutions are equally effective in resolving canon printer not printing issues as well. If you are looking for HP or Canon printers trouble shooting then this article can be helpful for you.
Solution to HP Printer Not Printing
Checking for the status of the printer is the first thing you need to do. This is the primary step that can be taken in a situation like this.
- Firstly, check if there is enough amount of paper in the paper tray.
- Then check if there is any paper getting stuck and thus jamming the path.
- The next is to check the ink levels in the cartridges. In case of low ink or empty cartridges, replace them.
Fixing the issue of HP Printer Won’t Print
This kind of error can be fixed by canceling the print jobs from your print queue.
- Go to the control panel of your computer.
- Select the Devices and Printers tab.
- Search for your printer’s name and right click on it.
- Now go to the option called “see what’s printing” from the list of options shown on your screen.
- Now, click on the printer menu and then tap on the “open as administrator” option.
- In the next step, you have to open the printer’s menu again and have to cancel the print jobs in the queue by clicking on the “cancel all documents” option.
- Now, click on “yes”, when you see the confirmation window popping up on your computer screen.
- You are ready to take a print test.
Fixing Printer Not Printing Black Ink Issue
This can be because of empty black ink cartridge or low levels of black ink left in the cartridge or because of defective ink cartridges as well. The steps to solve this problem include:
- Check if the black ink cartridge is fitted properly in the slot given or not. In case if not, place it properly, as this can lead to difficulties while printing.
- Clean the ink slots. The clogging in the ink slots can also cause this issue.
- In cases of not using your printer frequently end up drying the black ink in the cartridge, if this is the case with you, consider replacing it.
Troubleshooting the HP Printer Not Printing Anything Issue
- Check all the connections either between your printer and your system or between the printer and the wireless or wired internet router.
- Check if all the network cables and USB cables are connected properly or not.
- Restart your computer and your printer.
- Unplug all the cables, USBs and the power code of the printer after turning it off.
- Plug in the cables back after a couple of minutes & then restart your printer and computer.
You are ready for a print test.
Also Read :