The carriage jam error is one of the most common errors faced by printer owners. There are so many people using the power of the internet in searching for solutions that can help them in fixing the carriage jam error in Epson printers. In this article, we have come up with the steps you need to follow to fix Epson printer carriage jam error.
These are really simple steps and you can definitely try them out on your own and thus can save a lot of time and money. You no more need to wait for the technician to visit nor you will be required to pay anything for getting your printer work properly.
But before we move on to discuss the steps that can be followed for troubleshooting the Epson printer carriage jam error, you need to understand the reasons for the same. There can be a lot of reasons for the carriage jam. A few of them can be:
- Any obstructions in the carriage path
- Technical issues due to paper jam
- Issues due to printer product software
- Defective hardware
In case of any of these issues, the problem of carriage jam will occur. It takes place because the carriage of the printer is completely jam and there will be a grinding noise because the actuator arm gets stuck inside. This prevents printer carriage to move smoothly and hence work properly.
Now let’s get down to the steps to follow for removing the Epson printer carriage jam error.
Solution for Hardware Problems
- If you are facing a carriage jam error, then it is advised to turn your Epson printer on without any task running at the given time.
- The next thing to follow is to check if there is any piece of paper being stuck in the carriage or not?
- Remove the paper carefully. Make sure that the paper should not be torn as even a small piece of paper can damage your printer easily.
- Now, turn off the printer and again open it for checking for more pieces of paper. In case if it is still there, move the carriage manually to its opposite side for clearing the paper path. If you find any more pieces of paper, remove them from the path.
- Now, reconnect your printer device and turn it on.
Solution for Defective Hardware
- Defective hardware is the second major reason for Epson printer carriage jam errors. This includes paper feed roller issues and fuser unit problems as well. In the case of paper feed rollers wearing out, multiple sheets of paper stuck inside the roller resulting in a paper jam.
- For the cases of laser printers, the fuser unit error issues are quite common. The fuser starts causing heating in the printer toner which later fuses it on to a page. The heating and pressure included here can lead the fuser unit towards the failure point.
- Next, you can look for hardware issues and can resolve them immediately to avoid any such carriage jam errors in the future.
Once you are done with all the above mentioned steps please dry run the printer and take a check test by printing a sample paper to know if the carriage jam issue has resolved or not.
Such kind of error issues is quite common with Epson printers because of paper jams that mostly take place due when you use s thick paper for printing.
Also Read :