Apple devices like iPads, iPhones and iPods come with a special feature called AirPrint that enables these devices to establish a connection with any wireless printer using a wireless network. But, to make your work easy, to speed up the procedure, for saving your time from moving files from a phone to a system and others, you have to let your iPad connect with the wireless printer.
The questions like “how to connect iPad to printer” or “how to connect iPad to wireless printer” or how to connect an iPad to a printer” or how to connect a printer to an iPad” or how to print from iPad to HP printer” or others are extremely common on the internet.
In this article we have come with the answers to all these questions and also included the detailed description of the steps as well.
Quick Guide to Connect iPad to Wireless Printer
- Check for the Wi-Fi being enabled on your iPad and look for a mark next to the local Wi-Fi network. In case if you are connected to other networks, then click on the name of your network to join it.
- Now, check on the printer network connection status.
- Click on the wireless icon or you can also go to the network settings or open the setup menu to check for the connection status in printers with a touchscreen panel.
- Hit the buttons called wireless and information together or you can do the same with the wireless and the start black copy button for the printers without the touchscreen panel.
- If the printer is connected to the network, you can start the assigning the print jobs to your printer from your Apple device or iPad. In case, if the printer is yet not connected, you can move to the next step to follow.
- For connecting the printer to the network, check for the status of the printer with a touch screen panel or without it.
- For touchscreen panel printer, open the setup network or the wireless menu and then click on the wireless setup wizard. Now, follow the instructions to connect the printer with your network.
- For the without touchscreen panel printer, hold and then press the wireless & cancel button together until you see the power button light flashing. Also, wait for the wireless light to start flashing.
Detailed Description to Connect iPad to Wireless Printer
- Turn on your printer. Make sure that your printer has an option called wireless printing. For connecting your iPad to your printer press the control key + F key for windows and command + F key for Mac systems. Then enter the printer model number. This will speed up the connection.
- For connecting your printer to a wireless network, make sure that your printer is not connected to any other computer device using Bluetooth. Also, it should not be connected to any router using an ethernet cable. Discard all the ethernet cables attached to your printer. For disconnecting all the Bluetooth connections, go and check the printer manual which you have received with your printer, as the procedure for it changes with printer models and brands. Also, don’t forget to check the Wi-Fi status of the printer. If the printer is not connected to any Wi-Fi network, then go to the printer’s menu and choose the option Wi-Fi with a strong connection.
- Now go to the iPad settings. The next step is to click on the settings icon and then on the Wi-Fi icon given on the top left corner of the screen. This is used for opening the menu of your iPad. Check for your iPad and your printer are connected to the same network connection or not. Now, on you iPad, go to the photo application and select a photo to print.
- The next is to click on the share icon given at the corner of the screen. This will display a pop-up menu. Choose the print option or you can also click on the print icon. This will open the print menu. Select the printing options.
- Go to the field menu and hot the printer button. You will see a list of printers now. You are now supposed to click on your printer’s name and then hit the print button from the top right corner of the screen to start printing.
Also Read :