Connect HP Officejet 5255 to WiFi
HP is known for offering great printers that are best in terms of product quality, print quality, rates and services. But for availing all this, it is highly important for you to connect it to your wired or wireless internet connection. Here we are covering the method on how to connect HP Officejet 5255 to WiFi.
For establishing this connection, you need to make sure that you have an active and strong Wi-Fi connection along with the network name and password. If you want your printer to print from internet, it is a vital step to make a valid and working connection between your printer and the Wi-Fi.
There are multiple ways for HP Officejet 5255 setup and using either of them will work for you.
Quick Steps for HP Officejet 5255 Wireless Setup
- Turn on your HP printer.
- Use printer’s touch panel to connect it with Wi-Fi.
- Hit the right arrow key and press on Setup.
- Select Network Setup and opt for Wi-Fi Protected Setup Wizard.
- Choose the Network name or the SSID from the list provided.
- Enter security key or password and hit done.
- Press Ok for confirming settings.
- Tab Ok when you see wireless report on the screen.
Detailed Procedure for HP Officejet 5255 Wireless Setup
- As we already discussed that there are several ways of establishing a connection between an HP printer and your Wi-Fi. You are free to use any of these methods but make sure that your printer supports the technique involved in the method. The most basic and the standard method of connection is by using an USB cable.
- You can connect your computer system and your printer using an USB cable. Using the installation CD, that you might have received with your printer can be used for installing the printer supported drivers. In case, if you don’t have the CD, you can visit the official website of the manufacturer and can download the latest drivers supported by your HP printer just by entering the printer model number.
- You can also use the HP Auto Wireless Connect method for establishing the connection. This method is super easy as it doesn’t require wires to connect your printer to the Wi-Fi and also don’t want any network authentication. It guides you on how you need to install the drivers and printer software on your computer system or laptop.
- When you see a window pop-up, select the network type and then choose appropriate printer settings. All you need to is to choose the network type, once it’s done, the HP Auto Connect will take care of the remaining process.
- Run the Wireless Setup Wizard present on your printer’s control panel. Make sure that your printer has touch display as this method is effective for HP printers with touch display only. You can hit the wireless icon and then can go to the Network menu.
- Now you can see the list of all the active networks and your job is to search for your wireless network name or SSID. In case, if your network name is not present in the list, you also have freedom to enter it manually by using the pop-up/ virtual keyboard. You are supposed to enter the password or the passphrase once you see the alert on the screen.
- While entering the network credentials, makes sure that you enter them correctly as they are case sensitive. You can use the WPS methods in cases when the above mentioned methods fail. There are basically two different approaches in the Wi-Fi Protected Setup method, first one is WPS Push Button and the second one is PIN method.
- Before using the WPS method, make sure that your printer has a WPS button present on it. Now, go through the specifications of your HP printer carefully and check if it supports the WPS method of connection or not. If it does, then press the WPS push button present on your printer and the then wait for two minutes. After two minutes, press the WPS button present on your wireless router. This will Connect HP Officejet 5255 to WiFi .
When you see the display indicating the PIN, open the wireless router software and inscribe the WPS PIN.
Also Read :